Exploring CO2 Extraction with higherED
Heylo Cannabis makes full-spectrum vape oils, topicals, and other products from the heart of Seattle, WA. Their mission, to help people get more out of life, rings true in their marketing and educational efforts. In 2020 they launched a cannabis educational series called higherED which features content ranging from topics such as the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to cannabis analytics.
In a recent episode of higherED, the series covers how CO2 extraction works, and why it is Heylo's extraction method of choice. You can watch the episode below, and find the entire series here.
What you'll learn in this video:
- Why CO2 extraction is used to extract cannabis
- Benefits of CO2 extraction as compared to other methods, such as hydrocarbon
- Safety, cleanliness, versatility
- A diagram of how closed-loop Supercritical CO2 extraction works
- Starting with loading the machine with 10lbs of flower through to pulling oil from the machine
- Basic steps involved in the Heylo RawX method of extraction
- A brief overview of how oil is post-processed with the RawX method
Other higherED Episodes include:
- Getting More Out of Life With Cannabis | higherED Episode 1
- The Endocannabinoid System and You | higherED Episode 2
- What to Consider Before Vaping Cannabis | higherED Episode 3
- Quality Cannabis Vapes Start at the Source | higherED Episode 4
Cannabis education and learning events by Heylo Create are centered around peer-reviewed science to help anyone make better use of the cannabis plant to improve their life. Whether for medical purposes or just plain fun, understanding the evolving science of cannabis, the endocannabinoid system (ECS), terpenes, the Entourage Effect, and minor cannabinoids enables better experiences with the plant.
higherED was started in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic with the intention of providing consumers, budtenders, cannabis professionals and newcomers with the knowledge and insight of how to use cannabis to get more out of life.